Pharmaceutical Compounding Certification
When you choose CCI Training Center to help you become a Pharmacy Technician, your training will also prepare you for other important certifications, including Pharmaceutical Compounding.
Compounding involves preparing specialized medicines for patients to drink, swallow, apply to the skin, or ingest in other ways. Being trained and certified in the variety of skills this requires will make you a very attractive hire for healthcare jobs in pharmacies, hospitals, and other organizations.
Training for your compounding certification will include:
- Creating non-sterile compounding of a wide range of medicines, such as capsules, gels, creams, medicinal lollipops, suppositories, and so on
- Extemporaneous preparation of medicines for patients when the specific drugs they need are not available
- Learning about the equipment and supplies used in a pharmacy compounding lab
- Training in the quality control and record-keeping protocols associated with compounding
- Hands-on training in the use of all types of compounded medicines
- Allied health math
In just two and a half weeks, CCI will have you thoroughly trained in these and other skills necessary for pharmaceutical compounding. That means you’ll be ready to sit your certification exam with the National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA), as well as ensuring you are prepared to carry out compounding tasks safely and professionally.