Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Training in DFW
If you are looking for a promising career in healthcare completing the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) examination is a great place to start. This qualification will open up a wide range of hospital jobs and pharmacy jobs, as well as roles in any healthcare facility where medicine needs to be prepared and dispensed regularly.
CCI Training’s Pharmacy Technician program in Arlington and Dallas will assist you to prepare for your Pharmacy Technician certification exam by teaching you how to:
- Process prescription requests from patients and doctors’ offices
- Measure medication amounts accurately
- Package and label prescriptions for patients, hospital staff, doctors etc
- Establish and maintain records relating to patients’ prescriptions
- Take payments for prescriptions
- Process insurance claims
- Manage the pharmacy’s inventory
After you complete training with CCI, you’ll be ready to sit the pharmacy technician exam. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s certification exam requires you to answer 90 multiple choice questions in total (80 scored plus 10 unscored) and must be completed within 120 minutes. That gives you just over a minute to complete all questions, so it’s important you are as prepared as possible.