Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) Training
If a patient’s medical records are neglected, there can be serious repercussions. No matter what type of healthcare clerical work you take on, you need to have specialized electronic medical records skills to:
- Understand health-specific database software
- Audit patient records to ensure compliance
- Create reports with clinical information
- Process requests for patients’ medical records
- Review patient records for accuracy
- Collect demographic and insurance information from patients
- Liaise with patients, physicians, and insurance professionals
CCI Training Center’s certified electronic health records training in Dallas and Arlington provides you with the knowledge and practical experience to be confident undertaking the tasks required in any medical administration position. Not only does the Health Information Specialist program in DFW teach you everything you need to know about the specialized electronic medical records systems you will be working with, but the program also provides tuition in general secretarial software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
What’s more, you’ll be fully prepared to sit the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Electronic Health Records Specialists examination. To take the exam, you either need more than a year’s work experience, or you can undertake an accelerated training program like CCI offers. The test itself lasts 110 minutes, with ten pre-test question and 100 scored questions.